Happy Monday! I know some of you have been here for awhile and already know who I am and what I’m about, yet I’ve seen some new faces around here and also on my instagram (welcome!) I thought I would do a little updated post of 15 things about me so you can get to know me better (if you want!)
Top: Amour Vert c/o (similar) | Skort: SugarLips (old – love this) | Bag: Free People | Shoes: Amazon | Sunglasses: ZeroUV c/o | Bracelets: BaubleBar c/o | Earrings: BaubleBar c/0 | Watch: MVMT c/o (Get $15 off your watch with code hannahhagler15)
Now, for 20 Things About Me:
- I’m not originally from California. I was born and raised in Arkansas, but my family moved out here when I was 14 years old. I did the majority of my “growing up” out here so I feel like a total California girl, but I definitely still have some southern roots. (Side note, Arkansas is a beautiful place, but I never really fit in there. California is 100% my home.)
- I am a natural blonde. What you see is what you get – I never dye my hair and only get my hair trimmed about once every 4-6 months. I did think it would be fun to have coral streaks in my hair in college, so I convinced my hairdresser to put some streaks in the underneath section of my hair. Other than that I’ve been lucky enough to never have to dye it.
- I’m 5’3″. Not sure if you can tell my height from photos, but I am 5’3″.
- I have two brothers. I’m the oldest of two younger brothers. One is very shy and one is very outspoken. I think I’m probably a good mix between the two of them personality-wise.
- I started my blog in July 2011. I was working as a receptionist and after all my daily duties were done I had not much else to do except browse Pinterest. I loved reading other people’s blogs and decided to start my own. Those early posts are extremely cringe-y, and I definitely didn’t start taking my blog seriously until the last few years.
- I have two dogs. I have a chihuahua maltipoo mix (she looks straight chihuahua) and a yorkie/pomeranian mix. We think — we haven’t had DNA tests on either pup and are just going off looks. You can see them in this post. Their names are Archie and Zoey and they are my furry children.
- I’m extremely passionate about animal rescue. After we adopted our dog Archie (almost 3 years ago!) I couldn’t bear to think of the idea of amazing dogs like him sitting in a shelter or waiting at a foster home to find their forever home. I had a stray show up on my doorstep (read about that here) and it seemed like fate. After that I would regularly comb the shelters for a dog on death row that needed immediate rescue. I encourage any of you who want to add a dog or cat to your family to please look at the shelters and local rescues first. You can find pretty much any breed of any age if you’re patient.
- I used to work in finance. I worked in finance for 5 years and obtained my series 7, 66, insurance license and was in the midst of getting my CFP training. I could talk about this endlessly, but aside from the extremely sexist and ageist side of the industry, I didn’t feel like it was what I wanted to do for the rest of my life. I pursued interior design afterwards, and still do interior design on the side but at the moment I am focusing more on my blog and YouTube as a full-time gig.
- I live with my boyfriend of 9 years. I met my boyfriend when I was 18 and he was 19 and we have been living together for about 7 years now. He doesn’t like to be in the spotlight at all, so you’ll rarely see him on my instagram or blog but he is one of the funniest people I’ve ever met. We are not perfect and there are times we want to strangle each other, but more often than not we are making each other laugh until we cry and I feel super lucky.
- I’m vegan. I’m sure you know this already as I’m pretty vocal about it. (LOL I’m one of those memes about annoying vegans come to life). Number 7 comes into play a lot on this. I started to cut out meat after watching a pig farm video and I couldn’t understand why I spent so much time and energy saving dog’s lives but was totally okay with bacon on my plate. (Pigs are actually as smart as a 3 year old, smarter than dogs, and very aware of how they are treated. They feel fear and sadness just like people do). Unrelated, I was having health issues and decided to watch the documentary Vegucated and it all kind of made sense to me. I’ll do a full video on this soon if you’re interested.
- I LOVE my friends. I’m the kind of person who loves to be around friends, it re-fuels me and gives me life. Growing up I was bullied and isolated, so now that I’m an adult and can choose who I’m friends with, I take my friendships very seriously. I’m so lucky to be surrounded by SO many amazing friends who give me so much love and support.
- I have a YouTube talk show with 3 of my best friends. This is pretty recent, but I started a YouTube talk show with 3 of my fellow vegan girlfriends where we talk about veganism and things going on in the vegan community. We talk about life advice, do taste tests and so much more. It’s our newest baby and we would love to have you subscribe and join the family.
- My favorite workout is PureBarre. Read all about that HERE. I’m honestly addicted. If I don’t go at least 3 times a week I notice a difference. It’s the only workout I’ve actually loved doing, which is great because it keeps me coming back.
- I love interior design. After I quit my career in finance I went back to school for interior design. I still do design work on the side but realized it’s better for me that my blog and YouTube channel be my main focus for now, and maybe I’ll go back to it full-time in the future. Right now its a fun side job and hobby of mine.
- A perfect date night for me is dinner and a movie. Jesse (the boyfriend) and I are both obsessed with movies and TV shows (he works in film production and I do some acting) so it makes sense. We try to go at least once a week (an expensive habit but we are pretty conservative with our spending elsewhere). Also a lot of movie theater popcorn is vegan (THANK GOODNESS), and I’m obsessed with it.
Shop The Post:
Photos: Gabi Wells